So you want a real skill tester? Here's the recipe for one of our favourite chicken parma's courtesy of Peter O'Loughlin, manager, Keepers Arms North Melbourne.
- Start with a 400g good quality chicken breast that's thick and juicy
- Crumb with tasty Japenese bread crumbs
- Grill (definitely don't fry) for 14 minutes on a hot plate
- Top with homemade Napoli sauce, Virginian ham and mozzarella cheese
- Serve with seasoned chips, fresh garden salad and homemade vinaigrette
Don't forget, the quality of your chicken parmigiana will be largely dictated by the quality of the ingredients you use. A pre-crumbed heart shaped schnitzel isn't going to cut it.
Photo of a Hawaiian (just add pineapple) chicken parmigiana from the Keepers Arms