Another year has passed marking the 3rd birthday of parma.com.au. It's also the time when we announce the top 10 parmas of 2010.
To qualify for a top 10 ranking, venues needed to have 5 or more reviews. Other than that, venues simply needed to have received good reviews in order to outrank the competition.
2010's top 10 has some familiar faces, but some new ones too. An indication is included if the venue featured in the 2009 top 10.
Enough specifics; the top 10 parmas of 2010 are:
- Commercial Hotel - Alexandra - VIC (#1 in 2009)
- Harrietville Snowline Hotel - Harrietville - VIC (#2 in 2009)
- Victoria Harness Racing Club Junction Tabaret - Moonee Ponds - VIC
- Cafe Victor - Albury - NSW
- Astor Hotel Motel - Albury - NSW
- Coopers Inn - Melbourne - VIC (#6 in 2009)
- The Collective - Elwood - VIC
- The Mint - Melbourne - VIC (#3 in 2009)
- The Leveson - North Melbourne - VIC (#7 in 2009)
- Hotel Sorrento - Sorrento - VIC (#4 in 2009)
01 Nov 2011 20:06:18
Anyone (except for venue owners and employee's) can submit reviews. There's the odd review for QLD but they're few and far between. The only thing stopping QLD for making the top 10 is venues making great parma's and people reviewing them!
01 Nov 2011 13:11:02
i'm a little bummed that you haven't visited QLD yet. ......unless they just didn't make the cut!?
23 Aug 2011 05:51:56
Harrietville for the win, hands down the best parma i have ever had......discovered by accident on a hotham snow trip.......drove there the other week from melbourne just so my parma lovin housemate could give it a whirl.....4 hour drive for a parma
12 Jun 2011 02:13:47
wow. No Mrs Parma's. You know why? Cause they're all frills, no skills. Good beers though.
07 Jan 2011 21:43:51
Nice list, got a couple there to definitely check out. My fave discovery of 2010 was at the village belle in St Kilda----not sure if that got rated